Year - 2014
Class - 2nd Year B.Arch., 4th Semester
Faculty Team - Girish Doshi Minu Joshi Shruti Utgikar Manali Deshmukh
Destination - Lakundi - Karnataka
Duration - 27th November 2014 to 2nd December 2014
Aim and Objectives :
Studying the rich history, heritage and culture of Lakkundi and understanding the vision of promoting heritage tourism as well as being sensitive to the needs of the local people.
- Analysis and Documentation of a Settlement addressing the socio-cultural aspects and contextual vision.
- Planning approaches for multi building campuses and the co-relation of visual aesthetics with architectural forms and spaces.
- Integrating services and design.
Description of the Design Exploration:
- Documenting the Lakkundi settlement â€“emphasis on vernacular construction, occupational activities, services etc. In the form of panels and later a book.
- Design proposal formulated based on the vision statement of the settlement (promote and propagate culture and heritage of Karnataka).
- Introduction to Spatial planning and co-relation of visual aesthetics /connectivity, hierarchy of spaces and planning of services
- Formulating a master plan using various Design Principles.
- Principles of resource conservation (focus on self-sustaining communities) and its relation to design interface ,human interface and technology.
Exploration 1 To design a Yatri Niwas in the vicinity of the bus station.
Exploration 2 interiors for the care takers house using the local style.
Exploration 3: Sustainable design solution to maintain hygiene for public toilet- case study-lakkundi bus-station